Wednesday, September 23, 2020

Jitsi Meet and New Friends

 Last night I joined in a meeting of a Linux User Group in my state. I'd been meaning to physically attend a meeting for the past 18 years but never did make it happen. With the switch to everything online, I figured it would be cool to finally meet some of these folks.  

The Linux Users of Central Illinois - they announce meetings on their list: http://www.luci.org/luci-announce/ 

Turns out to be some pretty interesting folks in that group. Like those times my hubby and I attended Ohio LinuxFest in the mid-2000s. 


The point of my posting, however, is to say that it was my first time trying Jitsi Meet. You go to https://meet.jit.si/ and either type in the name of an existing meeting to join or else you start a new meeting.

At one point it wouldn't let me turn my video back on after I'd turned it off, but that may have been a browser/permissions thing. (I was using Brave as my browser, and I'm still new at using that.)

I liked Jitsi Meet and I think it has some very nice potential. 




No comments: